Each municipality that has created an authority or that creates an authority shall create a website or utilize the existing website of the municipality that is operated and regularly maintained with access to authority records and documents for the fiscal year beginning the effective date of this act, including all of the following:
(a) Minutes of all board meetings.
(b) Annual budget, including encumbered and unencumbered fund balances.
(c) Annual audits.
(d) Currently adopted development plan, if not included in a tax increment financing plan.
(e) Currently adopted tax increment finance plan, if currently capturing tax increment revenues.
(f) Current authority staff contact information.
Ann Barnette, 1100 Atlantic Street, Milford
(g) A listing of current contracts with a description of those contracts and other documents related to management of the authority and services provided to the authority.
- Brien's Lawn Service, lawn and garden maintenance, annual contract
- Garden Masters, garden maintenance, annual contract
- Landscape and Design Associates, overhead flower maintenance, annual contract
- Accunet Web Services, website development and support, as-needed basis
- Franco Public Relations Group, public relations and marketing, Scope of Services, Annual Contract
- ASTI Environmental Group, environmental consulting, professional services, as-needed basis
- Honigman Miller Schwartz & Cohn, legal counsel for real estate and contract law
- Huron Valley Council for the Arts, Friday Night Live Concert Series
All other documents related to the DDA are available at the Village Civic Center at 1100 Atlantic Street, Milford, Michigan, 48381
(h) An updated annual synopsis of activities of the authority. An updated synopsis of the activities of the authority includes all of the following, if any:
(i) For any tax increment revenues described in the annual audit that are not expended within 5 years of their receipt, a description that provides the following:
- N/A. All collected taxes have been expended within 5 years of collection
(ii) List of authority accomplishments, including progress made on development plan and tax increment finance plan goals and objectives for the immediately preceding fiscal year.
- Value engineering plans for 505 N. Main, a joint public/private partnership for a mixed-use building and public parking at Main and Commerce
- Completed the construction of the Dog Park
- Completed the Village Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Began redesigning Main Street to update treebeds, trees and circulation for pedestrians.
- Began value engineering and design for connecting the TRW site to downtown via the Commerce road underpass
- Public Relations and marketing campaign:
Annual seasonal shopping campaign
- Updated downtown Sound System and microphone
- Negotiated site plans and architecture, including;
- Rea Building, Liberty Street
- Summit View Development, Summit & N. Milford Road
- 505 N. Main
(iii) List of authority projects and investments, including active and completed projects for the immediately preceding fiscal year.
- 505 N Main, public/private partnership to create a mixed use commercial and residential development and 100 public parking spaces
- Public relations and marketing campaign for Meet Me in Milford, supported with media acquisitions, and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds
- Overhead Flowerpots, gardens and Right-of-Way enhancements and maintenance
- Pre-design of Main Street Update
- Pre-design and engineering of Commerce Road Improvements under the viaduct, with a connection to public parking
- Re-wrote the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Milford Dog Park
(iv) List of events and promotional campaigns for the immediately preceding fiscal year.
Sponsored, Co-sponsored or supported the following events:
- Summer Concert Series
- Friday Night Live Concert Series
- Christmas Open House Campaign
- Sidewalk Sales
- Milford Home Tour
- Milford Memories
- Seasonal holiday shopping campaign via social media
- Dinner's On Us seasonal promotional event
- Currents Music Festival
- Milford Farmer's Market
Supported via social media and PR campaign the following:
- Shop Small Saturday with Oakland County
- Martin Luther King Day events
- Local merchant events and specials
- SHAC Arts Center events
- Milford Historical Society events
- Merchant Public relations for various holiday stories, such as Valentines, Halloween, St. Patty's Day, Easter, Christmas, etc.
- Ladies Night Out (2)
- The Big Reveal event
- Milford Holiday Pop-up