NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who participate on Facebook.com and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Michigan and is void where prohibited by law. This is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Milford Downtown Development Authority as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, Nov. 18, 2019 and ending Friday, Dec. 6, 2019. All online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2019.
4. How to Enter: To enter, Participants must physically visit the downtown area of Milford, Michigan along Main St. between Summit St. and Huron St. and use the Facebook “Check In” function to tag their location as the Downtown Milford neighborhood. In their Check In post, the Participant must use the hashtag #MeetMeInMilford to signify entry into the Campaign. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Milford Downtown Development Authority. Participants may not enter more than once per day, but may submit more than one entry on separate days during the Campaign. If You use fraudulent methods, unfair practices or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Milford Downtown Development Authority.
5. The Campaign hosted by the Milford Downtown Development Authority is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $300 gift card to a Downtown Milford merchant or restaurant of their choice, pending approval by the Milford Downtown Development Authority. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Milford Downtown Development Authority. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Milford Downtown Development Authority’s discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Milford Downtown Development Authority to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of marketing without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Milford Downtown Development Authority. Winner will be notified by the official Downtown Milford Facebook, which will comment on the winning “Check In” submission within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Milford Downtown Development Authority shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to platform notification, privacy or other security settings. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE MILFORD DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By tagging their Check In location as the Downtown Milford neighborhood and using the hashtag #MeetMeInMilford, You understand and agree that the Milford Downtown Development Authority, anyone acting on behalf of the Milford Downtown Development Authority, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
10. Terms & Conditions: the Milford Downtown Development Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Milford Downtown Development Authority’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Milford Downtown Development Authority may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Milford Downtown Development Authority. The Milford Downtown Development Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Milford Downtown Development Authority has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same participant in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Milford Downtown Development Authority and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Milford Downtown Development Authority, 1100 Atlantic St., Milford, MI 48381-2000. Requests must be received no later than January 2, 2020.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the Milford Downtown Development Authority, 1100 Atlantic St., Milford, MI 48381-2000.