There's Something for Everyone Here
Kensington Metropark is a beautiful 4,481-acre park 10 minutes south of downtown Milford. Kensington is quite popular and enjoys over 2,500,000 visitors each year.
A listing of the wonderful features awaiting you at Kensington Metropark include:
- 18-hold regulation golf course
- 24-hole disc golf course
- Nature Center with interpretive events all year long
- Farm Learning Center with interpretive events all year long
- Picnic areas with 15 reservable shelters, playgrounds and ball diamonds
- Swimming at Maple and Martindale Beaches
- Boating and launching from16 ramps at two locations. 93 slips are available for rent as well.
- Island Queen II, a 37-passenger pontoon boat offers hourly trips in the summer
- Boat rental of paddleboats, kayaks, and rowboats
- Biking on a 8.5 mile trail with rolling terrain and a few steep hills circles Kent Lake
- 3 Hiking trails - one 8.5 mile paved trail, a 2.5 mile nature trail and another nature trail that offers a 1.5 forested walk at Spring Hill Picnic Area.
- Bird watching opportunities for great blue herons, bluebirds, and dozens more
- Canoeing with your own canoe. Liveries are close by.
- Cross-country skiing on more than 12 miles of groomed trails for all experience levels
- Fishing for bass, walleye, norther pike, gluegill, perch and crappies.
- Fitness trail has 20 stations
- Group camping
- Horseback riding with your own horses on 10 miles of equestrian trails
- Splash ‘N Blast water slide and spray park
- Ice skating rinks for skating and hockey
- Ice fishing
- Sledding and tobogganing
2240 W. Buno Road
Milford, MI 48380
Daily 6:00am - 10:00pm